Indian Railways (Railways) is going to run 15 pairs of special trains on Tuesday, i.e. from today, after the passenger services were stopped for almost 50 days due to Coronavirus. 54000 tickets have been booked for this journey.
It will be mandatory for all passengers to wear masks during this journey and only those passengers who have a confirmed ticket will be allowed to travel. According to the information given by the railway, passengers will be able to book tickets for these trains 7 days in advance and can cancel their tickets 24 hours before the journey.
Calculation of tickets for trains running during a lockdown
- Ticket booking in these trains has started from May 11. Booking can be done only through the IRCTC website (https://www.irctc.co.in/).
- According to the railway, the reservation in these trains will be for a maximum of seven days, that is, you will be able to book the train ticket till 7 days before the journey.
- Race and waiting tickets will not be released at the moment. Apart from this, TTE will not be allowed to make any ticket on the train.
Booking was to start from 4 pm on May 11, but the booking was postponed for 2 hours due to the IRCTC website not working. After this booking started at 6 pm. So far 54000 tickets have been made.
The money will be deducted on cancellation
Railways have also given the option to cancel the tickets. According to the railway, passengers can cancel tickets up to 24 hours before the train opens. However, on cancellation of tickets, 50 per cent of the total fare will be deducted as a fee. That is if you had booked a ticket of 3000 rupees and you will get only 1500 rupees on cancelling it.
Rent equal to the Special Trains
A total of 15 pairs of trains (30 trains including up-and-down) will be run. These trains will only have coaches of air-conditioned category i.e. AC-1, AC-2 and AC-3. There will be no passenger or sleeper coach. Its fare will be equal to Rajdhani train.
There will be rules for the temperature inside the train
There will be special rules for air conditioning in trains. Temperatures will be kept slightly higher than normal days. Along with this, arrangements have been made to get fresh air inside the coach.
Railway issued guidelines for 15 special trains on Monday, more than 80 thousand passengers booked tickets for special trains
Although the lockdown is applicable till May 17, Indian Railways has given approval to special trains from today i.e. May 12. At the same time, advance ticket booking has also started.
According to Indian Railways, more than 80 thousand passengers have booked tickets for special trains. According to this, more than 45,000 tickets worth Rs 16.15 crore have been booked so far. The railway gave this information a few hours before the first train from Delhi to Bilaspur in Madhya Pradesh. Please tell that the booking of these special trains started at six o’clock in the evening.
82,317 people will travel…
- Railways said that so far 45,533 (PNR) bookings worth Rs 16.15 crore have been booked for the next seven days.
- About 82,317 people will travel on these tickets. The Railway had issued guidelines for 15 special trains on Monday, which has been implemented.
- According to this, passengers have been asked to bring their food and bedsheets and have been asked to come for health checkup about 90 minutes before the departure time of the train.
- It will also be mandatory for these travellers to download the ‘Arogya Setu App’.
For which cities?
- These trains will run between New Delhi and all major cities of the country – Dibrugarh, Agartala, Howrah, Patna, Bilaspur, Ranchi, Bhubaneswar, Secunderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Thiruvananthapuram, Madgaon, Mumbai Central, Ahmedabad and Jammu Tawi.
- On Tuesday 12 May, three of the eight trains are leaving from New Delhi, which will reach Dibrugarh, Bengaluru and Bilaspur.
- One train each will depart from Howrah, Rajendra Nagar (Patna), Bengaluru, Mumbai Central and Ahmedabad and reach Delhi.
6.48 lakh passengers travelled in labour special
According to the railway, 542 labour special trains have been run till May 12 for labourers. During this period, 6.48 lakh passengers travelled through these trains. During the journey, passengers were given free milk and water. Let us know that these trains are being run from May 1. Through this, efforts are being made to reach the workers to their city.