Fifteen of 21 Italian tourists, who have been isolated in Delhi, are presumed to have been affected with the fatal coronavirus, say experts.
They were a part of a group of 23 Italian tourists who arrived in Delhi and travelled to Rajasthan last month. One of these Italian visitors – currently in Jaipur – tested actually on Tuesday, making it the fifth case in India in the last two months; his wife is also under watch for suspected disease.
If approved, this will be the biggest group so far in the country to be contaminated with coronavirus that made an impression in Wuhan, mainland China, in December and spread to more than 60 nations.
The affected passenger in Hyderabad -a techie from Bengaluru – had travelled on IndiGo flight 6E 96 (Dubai-Bangalore) on February 20. The team of the flight have been placed under scrutiny.
- Next Twitter, TCS, HCL Tech has asked its workers to avoid non-essential travel and are performing all the required guidelines on the dangerous coronavirus outbreak. Twitter on Monday asked over 5,000 of its workers to work from home.
- The San Francisco-based social media giant has said it was operating out of “caution” and complete commitment to keeping its employees well. “
- Beginning today, we are actively supporting all workers globally to work from home if they’re ready. We aim to lower the possibility of the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus for us – and the world around us,” Twitter said.
- The World Bank unveils a $12 billion aid package for fighting the coronavirus fit. “The goal is to produce fast, efficient action that returns to people needs,” World Bank President David Malpass told.
- He said it was critical to “recognise the extra weight on poor nations” least provided in the struggle to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. — AFP
Five schools in Noida have been shut due to the increasing fears over coronavirus break. Two private parties — Shriram Millennium School, Noida, and Shiv Nadar School, Noida — and two parts one of the schools in South Delhi and Gurugram declared the end on Wednesday amid the outbreak news, The Times of India stated.