All-rounder Ravindra Jadeja has been ruled out of the remaining matches of the T20 series against Australia. Jadeja suffered a head injury while batting in the first T20 match at the Canberra ground. Jadeja had complained of concussion. Later, while fielding, Captain Virat Kohli was replaced by Yuzvendra Chahal in place of Jadeja. Now Shardul Thakur has been included in T20 instead of Jadeja.
Jadeja’s latest medical report
According to the BCCI, Ravindra Jadeja will be currently under the supervision of the medical team. If needed on Saturday, they will be taken for further scans. After the match, Kohli told that a ball hit Jadeja’s head, after which he was dizzy. At the same time, Sanju Samson revealed that Jadeja was coming round to the dressing room too.
How was the injury?
- Ravindra Jadeja was already struggling with a hamstring injury. Now he has a head injury. The second ball of the 20th over of the innings hit the helmet with the edge of Jadeja’s bat. The ball collided and went to Henriques standing at the point, but he could not catch. Jadeja kept batting even after this. He also hit this four over Mitchell Starc. All-rounder Ravindra Jadeja scored 44 runs off 23 balls.
- In the first T20 match against Australia, the case of Ravindra Jadeja’s head injury is constantly getting complicated. Former India cricketer and commentator Sanjay Manjrekar (Sanjay Manjrekar) has raised many questions about this matter. According to Manjrekar, the rules of the concession institution under which Yuzvendra Chahal was included in the playing eleven were violated. Let me tell you that with three wickets in this match, Chahal proved to be the biggest match-winner of the match.
Manjrekar raised enigmas
While commentating on Sony Six, Manjrekar said that when Jadeja’s head was hurt, why the physio of Team India not reached the ground at that time. Manjrekar said, ‘Protocol was broken. I sincerely hope that the match referee will question Team India regarding this issue. As soon as a batsman gets a head injury, the team’s physio immediately comes on the field and takes stock of the batsman’s injury. They ask how they feel. But nothing like this happened. The match went on without any delay.
- After losing the first T20 match against India, there is no good news for Australia (India Vs Australia T-20 series). Captain Aaron Finch is injured. In such a situation, there is no guarantee about the next match.
- Finch was injured while fielding in the first match played in Canberra. He has a hip injury. At the moment, the report of his scan is being awaited. Meanwhile, Australia has included off-spinner Nathan Lyon for the remaining two matches against India.
Finch difficult to perform
- According to media news, Finch has received the same injury as David Warner. Finch, who came to Canberra to open the innings, was seen in a lot of pain. He told Fox Cricket after the match that he is not fully fit at the moment and he will wait for the scan on Saturday.
- If Finch does not play the next match, then Matthew Wade can get the responsibility of captaincy.
- By the way, Pat Cummins is the regular deputy captain of the team. But he has been rested for this series.