Delhi to Mumbai in 12 hours with the development of a new roadway that will cut the travel range on the route by 280 km, Union Minister Nitin Gadkari said “We are building a highway worth Rs 1,03,000 crore between Delhi and Mumbai. I promise you that within three years from now, you will be able to drive to Mumbai from Delhi in your car and reach there within 12 hours,” the Minister for Road Transport & Highways and MSMEs stated.
- The construction work of Delhi-Mumbai Express Highway will be completed in 51 packages. The construction work for Delhi-Mumbai Express Highway has already been started on 18 packages, the report said.
- Once completed, the total length of the Delhi-Mumbai expressway will be 1,320 km. With this, Delhi-Mumbai expressway is set to become one of India’s longest expressways. The Delhi-Mumbai Expressway will cut the travel time between the national capital and financial capital of the country to 12-13 hours from 24 hours, Gadkari said.
The total time taken by the authority to propel the expressway from concept to award is less than a year. Gadkari asserted that Delhi-Mumbai expressway will pave the way for an industrial corridor as well as usher in a host of new economic opportunities in hinterland districts of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, and Rajasthan.
- Delhi-Dehradun Expressway: Soon you will be able to travel from Delhi to Dehradun in just 2.5 hours! Amid the rapid construction of expressways in India, the Centre has approved the construction of an expressway between Delhi and Dehradun.
- The construction of elevated expressway is expected to shorten the distance between these two cities and bring it down to just 180 kilometres, PTI reported. Currently, the route from Delhi to Dehradun is around 250 kilometres.
- The Delhi-Dehradun Expressway project is also likely to shorten the travel time by half to just two and a half hours.
- Trivendra Singh Rawat, Chief Minister of Uttarakhand was informed
- about this decision by SS Sandhu, Chairman of the National Highway
- Authority of India (NHAI) who paid a courtesy call at the CM’s residence.
- The construction work of Doon-Delhi elevated expressway is expected
- To begin soon.
- The report further said that tourism will get a big boost with this construction and the Delhi-Dehradun expressway may prove to be a milestone, giving impetus to economic development.
- The state government has said it will extend all support to NHAI for the construction work of Delhi-Dehradun expressway. As a part of this project, there will be an elevated road on the route, and a new tunnel near Mohand (Dehradun outskirts).
- While some parts of highway will pass from the state of Uttar Pradesh,
- NHAI Chairman has also asked Uttarakhand CM to further request UP
- government for clearance involving forest and other environmental aspects
- In order to expedite the project.