Immunisation campaign will be started as soon as the Coronavirus vaccine is approved in India. The Central Government on Monday has issued guidelines related to Covid-19 vaccination for the states. According to this, the government is preparing to vaccinate around 300 million people in the first phase campaign. These would include healthcare and frontline workers, people over 50 years of age, and people under 50 years of age with co-morbidities. According to the certificate, people will be watched for 30 minutes after vaccination. Let us know what plan has been made by the central government for corona vaccination.
- According to the Ministry of Health, 300 million people will be vaccinated in the first phase. These include 10 million health workers, 20 million frontline workers, 26 million people above 50 years of age and people below 50 years of age suffering from serious illnesses (10 million).
- Healthcare and frontline workers will get vaccinated at places such as hospitals or clinics. Separate arrangements can be made for the other groups. Mobile sites are also set to operate.
To whom the corona vaccine is to be given in the first phase, the government will scrutinize the voter list. With this, people older than 50 years can be easily identified. Data on people with serious illnesses will be available from the National Family Health Survey or the Ministry of Health. Polling booths, colleges and community halls can be used for vaccination. Apart from this, camps of Municipal Corporation buildings, Panchayat buildings, Cantt hospitals, Railway hospitals, Paramilitary Forces can also be used as vaccination sites.
Covid Vaccine Intelligence Network (Co-WIN) system has been developed. There will be real-time updates on the stock and distribution of vaccine on this digital platform. Who has been registered for vaccine and when they are to be vaccinated or vaccinated or not will all be updated in Co-WIN. To get the vaccine you need to register beforehand.
There will be no on-the-spot registration. The government has recognized 12 types of identity cards, through which you will be able to register on the Co-WIN website. Documents like Voter ID, Aadhaar, Driving License, Passport, and Pension Document will be valid for this.
- Where the covid vaccine will be given, it is necessary to have three rooms. There will be a waiting room, a vaccination room and a third observation room. Social distancing will have to be followed at all three places.
- The presence of a female staff member will be mandatory when a woman gets vaccinated in the vaccination room. According to the guidelines, only 100 people will get vaccinated during a day at a vaccination site.
- If the logistics are good, then it can be increased to 200 as well. In any case, more than 200 people will not get vaccinated at one place in a day. The vaccine awarding team will consist of one vaccine officer and four vaccination officers.
India’s Vaccine Waybill
The first case of Corona in the country came only in Kerala. Now here the state government has made it clear at the beginning of the vaccine plan that the government will bear the expenses. This means a vaccine will be given free to all people. On the other hand, in Kerala in the first phase of vaccination, the first vaccine will be given to the frontline workers.
- Before the availability of a vaccine, health workers are being given the training to inject the vaccine. In the operation of the Union Health Ministry, two batches of training of trainers have been conducted online. There will be a total of 35,000 vaccination centres in Uttar Pradesh and the vaccines will also keep online records of how many were vaccinated.
- Jammu and Kashmir: In Srinagar, a micro plan has been prepared to give vaccines to people across the district within four months. The vaccine will be collected and stored at 50 cold chain points in the district and transported to the identified 123 centres from where people will be vaccinated.