The image of a normal computer comes to our mind as soon as the specifying of a supercomputer comes. But Super Computer is very varied from the normal computer in terms of features and functioning. It is much more powerful than a normal network, but its ability to work is also much faster than a normal computer.
- The high-performance Artificial Intelligence (HPC-AI) supercomputer achievement made under C-DAC’s National Super-Computing Mission (NSM) is ranked 63rd among the world’s most powerful 500 non-distributed computer operations. The result of the ranking was released on 16 November 2020. Let us know about the supercomputer ultimate accomplishment of the country…
- Know what will help ‘Param Siddhi’ – AI system will strengthen the application development package in areas like Advanced Materials, Computational Chemistry and Astrophysics. Under the mission, several packages are being developed for drug design, preventive health care system on the platform.
- Flood forecasting packages are being developed for flood-prone cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Patna and Guwahati. This will accelerate research and development in the fight against Kovid-19 through simulations, medical imaging, genome sequencing and prediction. It is a boon for the Indian public and start-up, and especially for MSMEs.
- How did it emerge? – This supercomputer with 5.267 petaflops rpics and 4.6 petaflops rmax (Sustain) was conceived by C-DAC and under the National Supercomputing Mission – NSM, Department of Science and Technology and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology Jointly developed with support.
- Professor Ashutosh Sharma, Secretary, Department of Science and Technology, has said that it is historic, India has the largest supercomputing structure in the world and this has been proved by Permissim-AI ranking today.
- Professor Sharma said that my true belief is that Param Siddhi – AI will empower our national educational and research and development institutions and on the network of National Supercomputer Grid over the National Knowledge Network (NKN), the industries and startups spread in the country will strengthen.
Professor Ashutosh Sharma said that Param Siddhi – Scientific and technology centre in the country with AI in the multidisciplinary challenges of health, agriculture, education, energy, cybersecurity, space, AI applications, weather and climate modelling, urban planning Will be more capable and empowered.
- Even amid the Corona crisis, foreign investors continue to have confidence in the Indian capital market. As a result, Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPI) invested $ 6.3 billion in India during the second quarter of the current financial year, July-September 2020.
- According to the Morning Star report, investment has increased from foreign investors in India due to attractive prices, reopening of the economy after lockdown and resumption of business activities.
FPI venture also grew in cost
- Foreign portfolio investors made $ 3.9 billion net investment in the April-June 2020 quarter. Earlier, during the January-March 2020 quarter, FPIs pulled out $ 6.38 billion from Indian markets.
- Purchase value by FPIs also raised in the September quarter due to the great review of Indian equity markets. The report said that the FPI investment in Indian equities at the end of September was about $ 450 billion.