In July 2014, Oli was elected President of the Communist Party of Nepal (Unified Marxist-Leninist). This leader became the Home Minister in the Cabinet. In 2008, he became Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister in the Interim Control.
In October 2015 Sushil became the Prime Minister of Nepal, defeating Koirala. Oli was elected as a Member of Parliament in 1991, 1994 and 1999 from several parliamentary electors in Jhapa district.
He started his political career in 1966 from this district. He won Jhapa-4 seat in the Constituent Assembly elections in 2013 as a candidate for CPN-UML. Oli was elected as the leader of the parliamentary party by defeating CPN-UML President Jhalnath Khanal on 23 February 2014 by 23 votes in the selection of the leader of the parliamentary party.
What are his diplomacies?
- Called Dhruba as a child, Mr Oli grew up in eastern Nepal’s Jhapa, made up by his grandma after his mother died of smallpox when he was just four.
- As a teenager, he took part in the ‘Jhapa revolt’ or the peasant uprising against landowners in 1967. At 18, he signed up for the Communist party and was almost immediately captured.
- Now an ultra-nationalist, he was once a part of ultra-left-wing plots against Nepal’s elite, inspired by India’s Naxal action.
- Although he rarely leads to his time in and out of prison, where he spent more than 14 years, his associates say he was moulded by his experiences there.
Mr Oli gained executive experience as Home Minister and also played a major role in helping the Mahakali water-sharing deal with India. The CPN-UML split over what it called an unequal exchange, but Mr Oli remained an outlier. He was seen supporting a pro-India stance, a far outcry from his more recent role against India during the promulgation of Nepal’s Constitution, and the four-month financial blockade that followed.
Nepal and India Holy Ties
- Janaki Mandir is situated at the heart of Janakpur, Nepal. King Janak ruled this area, Mithila Desh according to Ramayana. His daughter Janaki, Sita, where during swaybar chosen Lord Rama as her husband, and become the queen of Ayodhya.Devotees from all over places visit RAM JANAKI Temple to worship Lord Ram and Sita during festivals of Ram Navami and Vivaha Panchami, besides, to regularly visit and DARSAN.
- Janakpur was the capital of the ancient state of Mithila, Janaki Temple where Sita was born is located in the centre of the city. Throughout the year, pilgrims come to pay their respects to Ram and Sita. The city is full of worshipers and visitors especially during the festival of Bibah Panchami. This annual festival is celebrated on the occasion of Ram and Sita’s marriage as their wedding ceremony.
Dedicated to Lord Shiva, Pashupatinath temple is one of the four most important religious sites in Asia for devotees of Shiva. The largest temple complex in Nepal, it stretches on both sides of the Bagmati River which is considered holy by Hindus.Pashupatinath Temple is the oldest Hindu temple in Kathmandu.
Why Nepal is into many indignities
- (Nepal) has gone one step further about its political map. The Left Alliance, the ruling coalition in Nepal, introduced the Constitution Amendment Bill in its Parliament on Sunday. Which has been agreed by the other political party of the country and the pro-India Nepali Congress?
- A two-thirds majority of the House is required for any constitutional amendment to pass in Nepal. In such a situation, with the help of the opposition, the Nepal government can pass this amendment. Kalapani, Lipulekh and Limpiyadhura of India are also included in this new map.
- Foreign Ministry spokesman Anurag Shrivastava said, ‘Such artificial growth of regional claims will not be accepted by India. Nepal is well aware of India’s position on the matter and we urge the Government of Nepal to refrain from making such unfair cartographic claims and respect India’s sovereignty and territorial integrity. ‘
Nepali Congress discussed on Saturday
Earlier, the main opposition party Nepali Congress discussed the related bill on Saturday and decided to vote in its support. This decision was taken at a meeting of the Central Executive Committee (CWC) at the party headquarters in Sanepa. The Kathmandu Post cited CWC member Min Bishwakarma as saying, “When the bill is presented for voting, the party will support it.”
What is the discussion?
- The 80-km link road between India and Nepal to Lipulekh Pass has also become a matter of controversy. There is resentment in Nepal about this. While India has been claiming this area, Nepal has declared it as its own. What is this whole matter and why does this road matter to India.
- The Kailash Mansarovar pilgrims will get relief from the difficulty of the long road after the construction of this 80 km road and the trains can go to the border of China. Dharchula-Lipulekh road is an extension of the Pithoragarh-Tawaghat-Ghatiyabagarh route. This road starts from Ghatiyabagarh and ends at Lipulekh Pass which is the gateway to Kailash Mansarovar.
- The relations between India and Nepal have been too great and too old to be taken for given by any of the countries. India and Nepal have shared much more than the border trade and cultural connections, these are also the people and their thoughts which needs to be kept above any things further.
Why the Sugauli Treaty is so essential between two governments
- According to experts, while China has a role behind the curtain in this exercise against India, the current Prime Minister of Nepal KP Sharma Oli has an exercise to save his chair.
- However, the Indian government has made it clear that it would be difficult to resolve the border dispute with such artificial detail on the map. Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Anurag Shrivastava said last week that India is ready to interact with all its next-door-neighbour in an ambience of mutual sensitivity, respect and trust. It is a continuous method that needs positive effort and meaningful measures.
- The border between India and Nepal is defined by the Treaty of Sugauli in 1816, in which India was lodged on one side of the Kali River and Nepal on the other side. However, the Government of Nepal is now commanding that the place of commencement of the Kali River in it are places like Limpiyadhura, Lipulekh and Kalapani in its territory.
On accepting the new map of Nepal, India will not only have to transmit its proper land but also the resistance of China will grow further in the region.