There is now less than a month left for the 13th season of the Dian Premier League (IPL). The IPL is to be played in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) from 19 September to 10 November. The IPL is being held in the UAE this year due to the Kovid-19 epidemic. The IPL would also have changed considerably due to the Kovid-19 epidemic. Teams will have to live in the BioSecure Environment, matches will be played in the empty stadium and besides players will have to undergo the Kovid-19 test several times. After reaching UAE all cricketers and team staff have to remain in isolation for 6 days. As such, all franchise teams have booked luxurious luxury hotels for their cricketers and staff to stay. Let’s have a look which team is staying in which hotel
Read More: https://www.iplt20.com/schedule
1. Chennai Super Kings (CSK) Team Hotel: Chennai Super Kings (CSK) – Taj Dubai
Chennai Super Kings has booked a floor of Taj Dubai for its cricketers and staff. From the rooms of this hotel, you see the ‘Burj Khalifa’ building. Shane Watson was the first to arrive at the hotel on behalf of the team and also shared a video of his room.
2. Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) Team Hotel: Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) – Ritz Carlton, Abu Dhabi
Dubai is a second home for KKR co-owner and Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan. He also owns a lot of property in Dubai. KKR’s team stops at the Ritz Carlton in Abu Dhabi. KKR has booked most of this 57-acre hotel. It is just 20 minutes away from the airport.
3. Mumbai Indians (MI) Team Hotel: Mumbai Indians (MI) – St. Regis, Abu Dhabi
Mumbai Indians is one such franchise team, where families of some players have also reached UAE. Captain Rohit Sharma has arrived in the UAE with his wife Ritika and daughter Adara. Mumbai Indians have booked the Marriott Group’s St. Regis Hotel for its players and staff. The hotel is located on Saadiyat Island in Abu Dhabi.
4. Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) Team Hotel: Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) – Waldorf Astoria, Dubai
RCB’s team has stayed at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in Dubai. This hotel also has a private beach. RCB has booked most of this hotel for its players and staff.
5. Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) Team Hotel: Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) – Ritz Carlton, Dubai
The Sunrisers Hyderabad team will stop at Dubai’s famous beachfront hotel, Ritz Carlton. This hotel has a sea-facing guest room. It is one of the most beautiful hotels in Dubai.
6. Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) Team Hotel: Kings XI Punjab- Sofitel the Palm, Dubai
The Kings XI Punjab team has stayed at Dubai’s Sofitel The Palm Hotel. This hotel is just half a km from RCB’s hotel. Is at a distance of. Players can also enjoy the beach from this hotel.
7. Delhi Capitals (DC) has arrived in UAE
Delhi, who are still waiting for their first title in the IPL, left no stone unturned to build their strong team this time too.
8. Rajasthan Royals (RR) Team Hotel: Rajasthan Royals – One and Only Royal Mirage, Dubai
The Rajasthan Royals team has stayed at the One and Only Royal Mirage in Dubai. It is one of the most royal hotels in Dubai. In this hotel, spread over 65 acres, players will get a chance to enjoy private beach.
IPL 2020 Schedule UAE Start Date
IPL 2020 will start on September 19 in UAE. IPL 2020 will be played from 19th September and the final will be played on 10th November 2020
IPL 2020 Schedule UAE Latest News
IPL 2020 is now scheduled to be played in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The Mumbai Indians (MI) Vs Chennai Super Kings (CSK) will play an opening match on 19 September 2020. The IPL 2020 Final is set to take place on 10th November 2020.
SOPS for IPL2020
- In a detailed Standard Operating (SOPs) sent to the IPL franchises, exclusively available with India Today, the BCCI has listed safety protocols that need to be followed by the franchises from before boarding their chartered planes to the UAE till the final ball is bowled in the tournament.
- Regular testing to prevent the reduce the risk of asymptomatic spread of the novel coronavirus is going to be a permanent feature throughout IPL 2020, scheduled to be held in the UAE from September 19 to November 10, subject to clearance from the Indian government.
- Separate hotels for franchises, social distancing in dressing rooms, electronic team sheetsand recommendations for virtual and outdoor team meetings are part of the directives issued by the BCCI.
- Players will not be allowed to meet teammatesimmediately upon arrival in the UAE. Players can interact only after returning 3 negative Covid-19 PCR tests upon arrival in the UAE.
- All franchises have been asked to appoint a team doctor who will be responsible for ensuring bio-secure guidelines during the tournament. The franchise medical team should obtain a complete medical and travel history (since 1st March 2020) of all players and team support staff at least 2 weeks before the scheduled departure to UAE.
There is no ban on families travelling with the players and team support staff to the UAE but the franchises should ensure the close ones of the players follow all the protocols that are in place for the players and the support staff.
Covid-19 testing for players and support staff
All players, domestic and overseas, will have to undergo 5 tests before entering the bio-secure bubble. Players and support staff will have to undergo tests every 5th day after entering the bio-secure bubble.
After two successful COVID-19 PCR tests, 24 hours apart, players will be allowed to fly to the UAE. Players will be put up in hotels and will be in quarantine during which they will give 3 more Covid-19 tests over 6 days.
For domestic players and support staff
- All Indian players and team support staff must undergo two COVID-19 PCR tests, 24 hours apart, in the week before assembling in the franchises’ city of choice. This will help reduce the risk of cross-infection within the group before flying to the UAE.
- Anyone testing positive for COVID-19 should be asked to quarantine and seek medical
- After completion of their 14-day quarantine period, the individual is required to take two COVID-19 PCR tests, 24 hours apart, and if both test reports are negative, he/she may be allowed to fly out to the UAE,
For foreign players and support staff
- All overseas players and team support staff must undergo two COVID-19 PCR tests, 24 hours apart, in the same week when flying to the UAE. Anyone testing positive will follow the same procedure followed by domestic players and support staff.
SOPS for management of suspected/positive Covid-19 cases during IPL 2020
The BCCI guidelines have categorised management of suspected/positive Covid-19 cases into two — immediate response and follow-up management.
- All teams will be put up in separate hotels.
- Team members must be allotted rooms in a separate wing of the hotel that has a separate centralised air conditioning (AC) unit than the rest of the hotel.
- After the third negative test, team members may be allowed to meet each other within the Bio-Secure Environment. However, wearing a face mask and social distancing protocols must be followed at all times.
- Food should be ordered in the individual rooms and use of common dining areas should be avoided to prevent cross-infection and coming in contact with other hotel guests.
SOPs for Meetings
- BCCI recommends virtual meetings
- Video and remote conference call technology is recommended. However, if group meetings are held in person, they are encouraged to be held outdoors where possible following social distancing protocols.
- Meetings may have to be conducted indoors and if they are, they must be held in a sufficiently large room to allow for social distancing.
SOPs for Dressing Rooms
- It is important for players and staff to socially distance while in the dressing room.
- Hand hygiene is important, and all should have access to hand sanitiser and/or soap and water.
- Hand touch sites should be identified and cleaned regularly.
- The dressing room, or rooms, should be appropriately deep cleaned regularly.
- Where available, Scalene Hyper-charge Corona Canon (Shycocan), a device that can neutralise 99.9% of the coronavirus that might be floating in the air in closed spaces, will be installed.
SOPs for Matchdays
Players should have completed their daily temperature checks and heath questionnaire before arriving at the venue of the match. More details below.