Sachin Tendulkar, a former Indian international cricketer, is widely regarded as one of the greatest batsmen in the history of cricket. Throughout his illustrious career, which spanned over two decades, Tendulkar set numerous records and achieved remarkable milestones. Here are some of his most notable records:
1. Most Runs in International Cricket:
Tendulkar scored 34,357 runs in international cricket, including Tests, One Day Internationals (ODIs), and Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is), making him the highest run-scorer in the history of the sport.
2. Most Centuries in International Cricket:
He scored 100 international centuries, which is an unparalleled achievement in the history of cricket.
3. First Batsman to Score a Double Century in ODI Cricket:
Tendulkar was the first cricketer to score a double century in a One Day International match, achieving this feat against South Africa in 2010.
4. Most Runs in Cricket World Cup History:
He holds the record for the most runs scored in the history of the Cricket World Cup, with a total of 2,278 runs in 45 matches.
5. Most Test Centuries:
Tendulkar scored 51 centuries in Test matches, placing him among the top batsmen with the most Test centuries.
6. Most Test Matches Played for India:
He appeared in 200 Test matches for the Indian national team, a testament to his longevity and consistency in the sport.
7. Most ODI Matches Played for India:
Tendulkar played 463 ODIs for India, cementing his place as one of the most prolific ODI players in the history of the game.
8. Arjuna Award and Bharat Ratna:
He received the Arjuna Award in 1994 for his outstanding sporting achievements, and in 2014, he became the first sportsperson to be awarded India’s highest civilian honor, the Bharat Ratna.
Sachin Tendulkar’s remarkable career and his numerous records continue to inspire aspiring cricketers around the world.
Virat Kohli Records
1. Fastest to 8,000, 9,000, 10,000, and 11,000 Runs in ODI Cricket: Kohli had set the record for being the fastest cricketer to reach 8,000, 9,000, 10,000, and 11,000 runs in One Day International (ODI) cricket.
2. Most Centuries in Successful ODI Run Chases: He holds the record for scoring the most centuries in successful run chases in ODI cricket.
3. Consistent Batting Average Across Formats: Kohli maintained an impressive batting average in all formats of the game, showcasing his consistency as a top-order batsman.
4. ICC Awards: He has been the recipient of multiple ICC awards, including the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Cricketer of the Year and ICC ODI Player of the Year.
5. Indian Premier League (IPL) Success: Kohli has had a successful stint with the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League, consistently performing as one of the leading run-scorers in the tournament.
6. Test Cricket Achievements: He has achieved significant success in Test cricket, including several memorable performances as a batsman and as the captain of the Indian cricket team.
7. Khel Ratna and Padma Shri Awards: Kohli was honored with the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India’s highest sporting honor, and the Padma Shri, one of India’s highest civilian awards, in recognition of his outstanding contributions to cricket.
8. Leadership Achievements: Under Kohli’s captaincy, the Indian cricket team achieved notable victories and showed remarkable performances in various bilateral series and international tournaments.