A meeting was held at the Civil Secretariat on Monday under the chairmanship of Lieutenant Manoj Sinha regarding the Light Metro Train project in Jammu and Srinagar. In this meeting, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha inquired about the metro train project and clarified that the project should be completed within two years from the date of approval. In the meeting, representatives of MAHA Metro discussed the key points related to the Jammu and Srinagar Metro Train Corridor.
Know 5 major things related to a light metro train
- Jammu Light Rail will have 22 stations between 23 km distance between Bantalab and Bari Brahmana.
- While the Srinagar light rail project will be of 25 km length.
- It will have a total length of 12.5 km long corridor from Indira Nagar to HMT Junction.
- The length from Hazuri Bagh to Osmanabad will be 12.5 km.
News from sports.
- Legendary batsman Sunil Gavaskar believes that the Indian team management needs Wriddhiman Saha as the wicketkeeper in the four-Test series (India vs Australia) against Australia starting on Thursday (17 December).
- The aggressive Rishabh Pant should be removed instead. Gavaskar, who completed the fastest 10,000 runs in Test cricket, said that in the first Test, Pant will give flexibility to the Indian batting order. Rishabh Pant scored 103 off 73 balls in the second practice match played with a pink ball.
- Sunil Gavaskar said, “It will be very difficult for the selection committee because Rishabh played all four Tests four years ago. He also scored a century and was also doing well behind the wicket. If he has scored a century a few days ago, then he should be the choice of management.
He said that instead of Wriddhiman Saha, technically more capable in wicketkeeping, he would prefer Rishabh Pant as Australian pitches are not challenging for wicketkeeping. He said, “On the pitches where the ball takes a turn, there is a need for the best wicketkeeper and Saha would have been the first choice. But here the wicketkeeper can stay a little behind the stumps and Rishabh will be the right choice if he has more time.
Both Sunil Gavaskar and Allan Border have insisted on taking Shubman Gill instead of Prithvi Shaw (Prithvi Shaw) along with Mayank Agarwal to start the innings. Gavaskar said, “The Indian top order is still unstable. Mayank Agarwal is an opener, but who will come with him. Shubman Gill or Prithvi Shaw. ”Shubman Gill scored 0, 29, 43 and 65 in two practice matches while Prithvi Shaw scored 0, 19, 40 and three runs.