The National Testing Agency (NTA) is conducting JEE Mains exam from 1 September 2020 i.e. from today. JEE Main Examination is conducted for admission in engineering colleges of the country. At the same time, the NEET 2020, the eligibility test to be held for admission in medical colleges, will be held from September 13. The decision of the Supreme Court after several protests and controversies about postponing and cancellation of these two examinations has clarified the status of the examination.
Earlier, the testing agency conducting the examination has ensured that the safety of the candidates appearing for NEET and JEE Main examination will be taken care of. The examinations of the first shift will start from 9 am to 12 noon, while the second shift will be conducted from 3 pm to 6 pm.
Will be able to take these things inside the examination centre
- Fully filled admit card
- According to the instructions are given on the admit card, Aadhaar card, passport, driving license etc. can be taken with the government ID.
- Ballpoint pen with a transparent body. Please tell that earlier NTA used to provide pens to candidates themselves, but this time due to the Coronavirus epidemic, it has been allowed to bring its own pen. However, it must be transparent.
- There should be an extra photo to paste on the attendance sheet. The examiner will provide the students with a sanitizer before giving the attendance sheet. Students have to take the same photo that was uploaded in the examination form.
- Cadets will also be able to carry 50 mL sanitizer bottles with them. Also, the sanitizer will be made available at the centre.
- Transparent water bottles will also be able to take candidates. There should be no label on it.
Not allowed to carry these things
- Cannot take a mobile phone. The phone has to be left outside the centre.
- Rough sheets will be made available at the centre. Don’t have to bring it yourself.
- Electronic gadgets such as a smartwatch, Bluetooth devices, earphones etc. will not be allowed in the examination hall.
The exam will run till 6 September
Explain that the National Testing Agency or NTA will conduct JEE Main 2020 from September 1 to September 6 in 660 examination centres across the country. To help students reach the JEE Main Examination Centers, alumni of many state governments and Indian Institutes of Technology have come forward.
Alumni of IIT Delhi and IIT Bombay have come forward to help the students going to appear in the examination and they have offered to help the students in reaching the examination centres. Candidates can contact IIT alumni for transportation assistance. Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has also asked all the states to help the students in the JEE Mains exam.
Despite all the apprehensions and protests, the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) examinations are starting from 1 September ie today. Around 10 lakh candidates had registered for this examination across the country, but these figures will be known only later on how many candidates took part in this examination. JEE Main examination will be held from September 1 and will be conducted till September 6. After that, on 13 September, there will be a National Eligibility Entrance Test i.e. NEET exam.
The examination will start at 9 am
This year, the JEE Main exam had to be postponed twice due to the Coronavirus. Initially, these exams were to be held in May, but in view of the increasing cases of Corona, it was then decided to hold it in July. Thereafter, from July onwards, it was said that the exam should be done in September. Now the exam has started on 1 September. The examinations of the first shift will start from 9 am to 12 noon, while the second shift will be conducted from 3 pm to 6 pm.