Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman press conference and information about the economic package.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that three decisions have been taken for migrant labourers. Relief is being given to street vendors.
Nirmala Sitharaman said that a total of 9 announcements are being made for migrant labourers, small farmers, street vendors etc.
Today’s main points.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that today’s conference is concentrated on migrant workers, roadside stalls or street vendors, small traders, self-employed people and small farmers.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that 86 thousand 600 crore loans are being approved for farmers. 25 lakh new farmer credit cards are being made.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that the interest subvention scheme for farmers has been extended till 31 May. 25 lakh new Kisan Credit Cards have been issued.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that till date 3 crore farmers have availed loan moratorium for three months on an agricultural loan of 4.22 lakh crore. In March 2020, 29 thousand 500 crores were given for assistance to cooperative banks and rural banks in NABARD. The working capital of Rs. 6700 crore has been provided to the states for the purchase of agricultural produce from March 2020 till now.
For Urban Poor…
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has also announced for the urban poor.
- He said that the states were allowed to spend from the State Disaster Management Fund.
- The central government gave Rs 11002 crore to the states to strengthen the SDRF.
- Shelters were made with this, in which three meals were made available.
- 12 thousand self-help groups produced 30 million masks and 1.20 lakh litres of sanitizer. Since March 15, 7200 thousand new self-help groups were formed.
Regarding MNREGA, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that 14.62 crore working days work has been made available till May 13, 2020. 10 thousand crores have been spent. 40 to 50 per cent more people were given work than last year. The remuneration paid has been increased to Rs 202 from 185 as compared to last year.
Prominent support for the Migrant workers…
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that migrant labourers will get free food grains for the next two months. Those without cards will be given five kg ration.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that the welfare of workers is at the top of our agenda. The minimum wage currently only applies to 30% of workers. We want to execute it for everyone.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that they will develop affordable rental housing complex for the migrant labourers in the cities at affordable prices.
- You will be able to get a house on rent at the place of work. Can be brought under the Prime Minister Housing Scheme. If industrialists build such houses, they will be given the benefit.
Under the Mudra Shishu Loan Yojana, people taking loans up to 50 thousand rupees will be assisted in interest. These people were given a discount on EMI payments for 3 months. After this, 2 per cent interest subsidy will be given on their EMI for the next 12 months. It is expected to benefit about 3 crore people.
- Sitharaman said that a loan of Rs 5000 crore will be arranged to 50 lakh street vendors.
- This plan will be launched in a month. Every street vendor will get a loan of 10 thousand.