The Modi government of the Center has approved the new education policy. With this, the Ministry of Human Resource Development has been renamed as Ministry of Education. Under the new education policy, the format of 10 + 2 has been completely abolished, understand this.
Now it is divided into 10 + 2 and 5 + 3 + 3 + 4 format. This means that now the first five years of school will include three years of pre-primary school and foundation stage including class 1 and class 2. Then the next three years will be divided into the preparation phase of classes 3 to 5.
After this, three years of middle stage (classes 6 to 8) and four years of secondary stage (classes 9 to 12). Apart from this, there will be no strict adherence to arts, commerce, science stream in schools, students can take whatever courses they want now.
Some points of the new education policy
- Emphasis on making teachers aware as well as teachers.
- Promoting the abilities of each student will be a priority.
- Emphasis will be on conceptual understanding, will lead to creativity and critical thinking.
- There will be no difficulty, separation between art and science for students.
- Ethics, constitutional values will be the major part of the curriculum.
- Some other important aspects of the new education policy
By 2040, all higher education institutions will have to create a multi-subject institution with more than 3000 students. By 2030, there will be at least one major multi-subject high establishment in or near every district.
Institutions will have the option to run open distance learning and online programs.
- All types of deemed and related universities created for higher education will be known as universities only. Aim to develop the human, intellectual, social, physical, emotional and moral capabilities in an integrated manner.
The new education policy will include music, philosophy, art, dance, theatre, education courses of higher institutions. The bachelor’s degree will be of 3 or 4 years duration. Academy Bank of Credit will be formed, digital record of students’ performance will be collected. By 2050, at least 50 per cent of the learners will have to be involved in vocational education through the school and higher education system. A new national research institute will be formed for quality qualification research, it will be related to all the universities of the country.
These changes were also made
In the press conference, the government said that in today’s system, if a student cannot study further after studying engineering for 4 years or after studying for 6 semesters, then he has no solution. The student gets out of the system. In the new system it will be that after one year, certificate, diploma after two years, the degree will be available after three or four years.
The government said that under the Multiple Entry Through Bank of Credit, the first, second-year credits of the student will be credited through DigiLocker. So that if the student has to take a break for some reason and comes back within a fixed time, he will not be asked to repeat the first and second year. The credit of the student will be present in the academic credit bank. In this case, the student will use it for his further studies.